Google device that streams video and music to a TV, product launched in November 2013 by Google, outperforms best-selling Amazon top selling products including Amazon’s product Kindle, Apple’s iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, and many other gadgets like Canon EOS Rebel T3i, Call of Duty: Ghosts.
Why Chromecast outperformed other sales in Amazon?
- It is fulfilling basic entertainment human need
- It is providing streaming that other devices provide with price ranges between $50 and $100
- It is not restricted to Google oriented platforms only, it is working with Android users, traditional PC, and iPhone/iPad users as well with some limitations
- Handy choice in the pocket
Shortcomings for iPad/iPhone users – Apple devices limitations
- Device settings is not straight forward choice, you have to do it through web interface of Chromecast, Google instructions
- You can listen to Google Play Music using Safari and Chrome on Apple’s devices
- You cannot beam music from Apple’s Devices to TV
- Apple devices do not cast to TV, while Android users can use Netflix, YouTube, Google Play Music, Google Play Movies & TV, Netflix and Hulu are the only app choices on Apple devices
- Creating playlist works easier on Android devices
Other bugs using the device
- Resume playback
- Shortfalls in detecting current paying stream
- With Netflix paying on TV, a blue banner shows up in every page for Android devices while that not the case with Apple devices